Programs Offered at Dance Attack!
All NEW in-person preschool-age Fine Arts Club, 9-week session, Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings.
Click here for more Fine Arts Club information and to join the waiting list.
Studio Practices for Re-opening
- All classes offered as a virtual dance experience during the Stay at Home order!
- Thermal check and face covering is required upon entering the studio.
- No parents or family members may convene in the studio or lobby area. The front desk will be available to assist one party at a time.
- Class size when back in-person will be limited to a size allowed by Santa Clara County Board of Health.
- Students will have an assigned dance space to maintain physical distancing.
- Dressing rooms will be closed until further notice. Please come dressed and ready for class.
- Belongings will be taken into the classroom, and there is a spot clearly marked for each student in the class.
- Students will stand at least 6 ft. apart facing the same direction at barre and will have assigned spots in the center.
- Physical distancing will be required at all times.
- Dance shoes, dance socks, or sneakers (for the correct dance styles) will be required. No Bare Feet.
- Classes will be spaced adequately apart to allow time for cleaning.
- All potential high touch surfaces (barres, door and faucet handles, counters etc.) will be disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available upon entering and exiting the studio.
- Masks or face coverings will be required for all staff and students to enter the studio.
- All Lost and Found items will be disposed of at the end of each week.
- All props (foam rollers, Thera-bands, balls, etc.) must be brought from home.
- The fountains are closed at this time. Each student must bring a water bottle from home.
- A dancer must arrive at class on time. BALLET / JAZZ students: If later than 20 min., the dancer will sit and watch the class. The first 20 min. is crucial warm up time. Warm muscles help prevent injuries. COMBO CLASS students: If late to class, please put dance shoes on prior to entering the classroom.
- No talking during class! Talking means that you are not hearing what the teacher is saying. Listening carefully and paying close attention is a critical part of the learning experience.
- RESPECT for your teacher and fellow classmates is the number one lesson in dance class. Students should always look directly into their teacher’s eyes when he/she is giving instructions or corrections. Our teachers dearly want to train great dancers. All students should listen when their teacher corrects another student as the suggestion may also apply to them. Students should NOT correct each other.
- Students should always thank their teachers at the end of class.
This basic code of dancer’s conduct will help teach our dancers respect that will carryover into all aspects of their lives.
Consistent attendance is also crucial for real progress. We all live in a busy world, and it is easy to be distracted. If you want to become a successful dancer, you will need discipline.
Consistent attendance is key!
In order to be a dancer, it helps to feel like a dancer! Proper attire, shoes, and hair is a must for good training, so the dancer has freedom of movement and the teacher can see the dancers‘ positions and movement in order to give necessary corrections.
Hair is to be pulled up off the neck. If hair is too short, it must be pulled back on the sides with bobby pins or clips.
Dance attire for different dance styles:
Tap/Jazz Ballet Combo: Any style or color leotard. Skirts allowed if above the knee. Hair pulled up off the face. Ballet & Tap shoes are required. No bare feet or socks with no shoes.
Ballet: Black leotard (no skirt), pink tights, pink ballet shoes (or darker shade for dancers of color), hair up in a bun. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Adult Ballet: Your choice of appropriate, well-fitting dance attire. Hair pulled up off the face.
Jazz: Any style of well-fitting leotard or dance attire. No clothing may be worn to obstruct the view of the body (i.e. baggy shirts/ pants). Jazz shoes are required.
Contemporary: Any style of well-fitting leotard or dance attire. No clothing may be worn to obstruct the view of the body (i.e. baggy shirts/ pants). Dance socks must be worn.
Tap: Comfortable dance attire. No pants that drag on the floor, feet must be visible. Tap shoes are required.
Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing. No tight jeans. No skirts, no boots, no flip flops, no elevated shoes of any sort. Sneakers preferred. Pant bottoms must be below the knee.
Latin Jazz: Ballet or Jazz attire acceptable. A short Latin dance skirt may be added. Beginners should start out wearing jazz shoes. Dancers at an intermediate or advanced Latin Jazz level will need a ballroom shoe with a low or medium heel.
For more information about our dress code or required attire for our classes, please contact us today or visit our online store at Discount Dance to purchase recommendations.
We produce a Big Show every other year for all dancers in a five and a half year old class and older. This event is held at a theater with more elaborate costumes and assigned-seating tickets. It is a great way to showcase what the dancers have been working on throughout the year.
For all three and a half year old classes through our six to nine year old classes, we offer an Ice Cream Concert. This is a special end of the season event for our youngest dancers, for family and friends. It also gives the dancers the experience to perform in front of an audience, which builds confidence.
Our performing company is a group that performs at community events and participates in top dance competitions and conventions. We have an outstanding team, with many national scholarship finalists and national convention company members. If your dancer has a passion for dance and competition, the Performing Company may be for you.
Contact Us– For more information, please call 408-356-6456 (Los Gatos) or 408-245-5432 (Sunnyvale) or email us at email@example.com.
We have 2 different schedules throughout the year, our School Year Session (Aug – June), and our Summer Session (mid-June – August). When you register for a class, you are enrolled in that class for the length of the current program or until you drop the class.
To drop a class, notify us in writing by the 20th of the month to avoid tuition charges for the following month. There is no option to drop classes through the online portal, because we need to verify that the drop is for the right day or week, and that autopay will be paused. Please be sure to notify our admins in writing by the 20th to avoid being charged for the following month. NO REFUNDS.
CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY
If you miss or plan to miss your class, you are welcome to do a “make-up” class with an equivalent class while you are still enrolled. The class must be age appropriate, and space should be available. Please contact the front desk to see which classes are open for make-ups. If there are no equivalent classes, please ask at the front desk for other class suggestions. While classes are available though the links in our parent portal, a virtual class makeup though our other studio locations may be possible as well.
We do not refund missed classes.
Registration fees apply to enrollment and drop in cards of any sort. There is an initial registration fee of $25 that is non-refundable.
To register for a class, please visit our Dance Class Registration page.
Tuition Pricing– Click here to visit our tuition page
Receive a $20 credit on your Dance Attack! Account when you refer a new student and they remain enrolled for 2 months. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating who you referred, or leave your information at the front desk. Referrals must be registered. Drop-ins do not apply.
Drop-ins are welcome with teacher approval and if room permits. Please check to see if class is taking place before dropping in.
- 30 minute class = $20.00
- 45 – 60 minute class = $25.00
- 90 minute class = $30.00
Gift Certificates Available
Give your Child the Gift of Dance. Email us at email@example.com to sign up or for gift certificate information.