Hair and Attire
In order to be a dancer, it helps to feel like a dancer! Proper attire, shoes, and hair is a must for good training, so the dancer has freedom of movement and the teacher can see the dancers‘ positions and movement in order to give necessary corrections.
Hair is to be pulled up off the neck. If hair is too short, it must be pulled back on the sides with bobby pins or clips.
Dance attire for different dance styles:
- Tap/Jazz Ballet Combo: Any style or color leotard. Skirts allowed if above the knee. Hair pulled up off the face. Ballet & Tap shoes are required. No bare feet or socks with no shoes.
- Ballet: Black leotard (no skirt), pink tights, pink ballet shoes, hair up in a bun. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Adult Ballet: Your choice of appropriate, well-fitting dance attire. Hair pulled up off the face.
- Jazz: Any style of well-fitting leotard or dance attire. No clothing may be worn to obstruct the view of the body (i.e. baggy shirts/ pants). Jazz shoes are required.
- Contemporary: Any style of well-fitting leotard or dance attire. No clothing may be worn to obstruct the view of the body (i.e. baggy shirts/ pants). Feet will be bare.
- Tap: Comfortable dance attire. No pants that drag on the floor, feet must be visible. Tap shoes are required.
- Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing. No tight jeans. No skirts, no boots, no flip flops, no elevated shoes of any sort. Sneakers preferred. Pant bottoms must be below the knee.
- Latin Jazz: Ballet or Jazz attire acceptable. A short Latin dance skirt may be added. Beginners should start out wearing jazz shoes. Dancers at an intermediate or advanced Latin Jazz level will need a ballroom shoe with a low or medium heel.
For more information about our dress code or required attire for our classes, please contact us today or visit our online store at Discount Dance to purchase recommendations.
Dance Attack! Gear
We have some great options for Dance Attack! shirts, sweatshirts and accessories. Check out our online store through GTMsportswear. New seasonal gear will be available four times a year. The online styles will only be sold for a limited time.